Mohit Hulse, an exceptional and aspiring student, has always shown a commendable poise and expertise to manage curricular and co-curricular activities all with the same finesse. His presence in class has been held in high esteem by his teachers owing to the range of thoughts he manages to bring to classroom discussions and the most modest way in which he clarifies ideas and debates finer points. He has exhibited a unique combination of scientific curiosity and creative flair which have helped him produce remarkable work in his exams and effortlessly maintain an enviable position at the top of his class. In addition, the faculty appreciates his inquisitiveness, desire to connect material beyond the immediate, and openness to feedback and constructive criticism. No wonder that he bagged the 'Young Achiever's Award 2021' at Fortis Healthcare, Bangalore.
Mohit adapts himself with ease to a rigorous academic schedule that surely excites him and also takes advantage of his multifarious skills which has helped him discover himself more.
A plethora of national and international awards that Mohit has obtained over the years are feathers on his cap and stand as a testimony to his innate brilliance.
Achievements and Awards
- International Mathematical Olympiad (Oslo, Norway): July 2022: Represented the United Kingdom and won a GOLD Medal in grade 12.
- International Mathematical Olympiad (Russia): July 2021: Represented the United Kingdom and won a Silver Medal in grade 11. A reserve for the United Kingdom team in the year 2020, Grade 10.
- Romanian Master of Mathematics (Romania): Selected to represent the United Kingdom in grade 11.
- Cyberspace Mathematical Competition (conducted by the American Mathematical Competitions): July 2020: Represented the United Kingdom and won a Silver Medal in grade 10.
- Asia Pacific Informatics Olympiad (Russia 2019, Indonesia 2020): Won two Bronze Medals for India in grades 9 and 11.
- British Mathematical Olympiad: The highest score in the country in BMO Round in grade 11 and grade 12.
- MathILy: June-July 2021: A highly selective, intensive summer programme for mathematically excellent secondary students conducted in the USA (held online during the pandemic).
- International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) team selection camp at Trinity, Cambridge, United Kingdom: April 2020, May 2021, April 2022: Gave a lecture at Trinity College in April 2022.
- Joint Hungary - UK Mathematics Winter Camp at Budapest, Hungary: Dec 2019-January 2020: Selected among the 21 students from the UK in grade 10.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) SA Stream 2021: All India Rank 2 in grade 11 and recipient of the KVPY Fellowship.
- National Talent Search examination (NTSE): NTSE National Scholar in grade 10.
- National Mathematics Talent Contest (NMTC) conducted by The Association of Mathematics Teachers of India, Chennai, India: Rank 1 in India in the Junior Category in grade 10 and Rank 1 in India in the Inter Category in grade 11.
- HPE Codewars India Edition, 2021: Won the first place in India, completing the contest in record time.
- International Olympiad in Informatics Training Camp (IOITC) held at Chennai Mathematical Institute, Chennai, India. May 2019, May 2020, May 2021, May 2022. Selected among the top 30 students in the country though Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI) in grades 9, 10, 11, and 12.
- International Olympiad in Astronomy and Astrophysics (IOAA) training camp: Selected every year (grade 8-11, AIR 2 in grade 11) for the camp. Attended the camp at Nehru Science Centre, Mumbai in grade 8, in 2018.
- Technothlon 2019 (conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati): AIR 2 in Junior Squad in grade 9.
- LIMIT (An International Online Mathematics Competition conducted by ISI Bangalore), 2019: Selected for the mathematics camp at Indian Statistical Institute in grade 9.
- Assessment of Scholastic Skills through Educational Testing (ASSET): Highest score in Mathematics in India in grades 5, 8 and 9. Recipient of Asset Talent Search Scholar Gold award.
- Olympiads conducted by Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF), New Delhi, India: Recipient of several awards and prizes in IMO, NSO and IEO every year from grades 4-11.
Organizational and time management skills are two major strengths that Mohit possesses. He is able to effectively manage time to do many things. While most of his peers concentrate just on schoolwork, Mohit being an astoundingly meticulous student, has balanced the time he spends on schoolwork to allow him to be involved in several activities outside the school over the past few years. At times, he would be occupied with research work and writing a research paper, training for and writing the International Mathematical Olympiad, attending a creative writing course, and attending a summer mathematics program.
A child of inimitable distinctive talent, Mohit has also displayed a penchant for poetry writing and painting and sketching and has won many accolades in those contests as well.
Such a multifaceted personality that Mohit is, not surprisingly, he has received admission offers from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, UC Berkeley, UC Los Angeles, USA; Trinity College, Cambridge, Imperial College London, University College London, University of Warwick, UK; Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
Mohit has decided to pursue undergraduate studies in Mathematics and Computer Science at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the USA from August 2022.